Aqua Planet Jeju In South Korea
Aqua Planet Jeju is an aquarium that opened in 2012 in Jeju Province, Korea. This aquarium is operated by Aqua Planet and is the largest public aquarium in Korea. Aqua Planet Jeju is the largest aquarium in all of Asia. Its total area is 25,600 m2 and it weighs 10,800 tons. It is about 11 times the size of 63 Sea World. In this article from ITNERY, we will review this attractive aquarium in Korea.
Aqua Planet Jeju is an aquarium that opened in 2012 in Jeju Province, Korea. This aquarium is operated by Aqua Planet and is the largest public aquarium in Korea. Also, Aqua Planet Jeju is the largest aquarium in all of Asia. Its total area is 25,600 m2 and it weighs 10,800 tons. It is about 11 times the size of 63 Sea World. In this article from ITNERY, we will review this attractive aquarium in Korea.
Introduce this aquarium in full
As a single aquarium, Aqua Planet Jeju is the largest aquarium in the world with about 48,000 animals and 500 species of plants to view. This aquarium is an amusement theme park that offers various world-class educational, cultural, and entertainment content. This amusement theme park has a marine science training hall and is a large-scale aquatic center.
It is also a large reservoir that recreates the coastal waters of Jeju Island. In addition, it is the first place in Korea to introduce the “whale shark”.
Spectacular exhibitions are available in this place
Aqua Planet Jeju consists of three marine-themed halls, including an “Ocean Arena” (performance hall) and a museum of “Marine Science” and “Aquarium”.
The main reservoir of this Jeju aquarium has a volume of 5,300 m3 (1,400,000 US gallons) and is the largest water reservoir in Korea. Large sharks and rays such as Sand Tiger and Gitarfish giants are bred in the aquarium. There is also a tunnel inside the aquarium. The main creatures in this aquarium are seals, penguins, sand tiger sharks, sea lions, seals, and giant groupers.
In this aquarium, beach cleaning and underwater treatment are done regularly. It has also established the first Korean specialized medical center for aquatic animal life and carries out many activities to protect the life of these creatures. In addition, Aqua Planet Jeju has training programs; Such as training in the main tank diving experience and ecological briefing sessions for otters and penguins.
The aquarium has been hosting a special Minions exhibition since July 31, 2020, for almost a year.
Views of this fascinating collection
The aquarium consists of a section where a large display of sea dolphins is displayed. Many of the shows are held in the “Ocean arena” and are hosted by the Eastern European Coordinated Swimming Team.
Controversies in this aquarium
Initially, two whale sharks and a manta ray were bred in the main tank. However, the group received a lot of criticism from animal rights groups; Because a whale shark and a manta ray died in it. “The cause of death is chronic kidney failure and there is no cure,” explained an Aqua Planet Jeju official. But these groups believed that the two animals should return to nature.
What to expect from this amusement theme park?
Visit this aquarium to:
- See more than 48,000 animals and 500 plant species.
- There are many ways to have fun in this aquarium for all ages; Because it offers top educational, cultural, and entertainment programs.
- You can see several performances during the day on the first floor of Ocean Arena.
- Do not miss the unique performance of the Eastern European simultaneous swimming team or the numerous information about the ecology of marine animals.
- Visit the world’s largest 330-square-meter basement touch pool.
- With this aquarium, you can observe and feel the marine life. If you want your kids to have fun, do not miss the Kids Planet area, which is for kid’s activities!
Also, with the help of this aquarium, discover the complete collection of fish from all five oceans of the world! Experience the underwater life of Jeju Island by observing thousands of local fish and rare sea creatures.
Take a walk in the underwater tunnel and watch the underwater creatures swim around you and have fun. Do not miss the special synchronized swimming show in any way.
Check out Ocean Arena presentations for port seals, penguins, and other animals!
Discover the fascinating sea life with Aqua planet Jeju, Asia’s largest public aquarium. See thousands of sea creatures up close and enjoy their fascinating performances.
The benefits of traveling to this beautiful aquarium
- See different species of marine animals.
- See starfish, seals, and penguins up close.
- Look at the fish swimming above your head along the underwater tunnel and be amazed.
- Experience watching underwater life in this aquarium. Immerse yourself in aquariums that house a variety of sea creatures, marine theaters, and various science museums.
- Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with seals and penguins. You can even greet starfish and sharks up close! See exciting performances and explore life in the deep ocean at Aqua Planet Jeju in a musical show and scuba diving.
Tickets to enter different parts of this amusement theme park
You can choose between an Aqua Planet Jeju entrance ticket and an Ocean Theater show ticket and Combined tickets for the Minions show ticket.
- Aqua Planet Jeju entrance ticket
Entrance tickets to the aquarium and science museum
- Aqua Planet Jeju entrance tickets and Ocean Theater tickets
Includes an aquarium, a science museum, and underwater music tickets
- Combined tickets for the Minions exhibition
Includes tickets for this exhibition
- Live music underwater for 50 minutes
Location: Ocean Theater
Show time: 11:10 a.m. daily / 1:00 p.m. / 3:00 p.m. / 5:00 p.m.
- Haenyeo diving show for 20 minutes
Venue: Aquarium B1 “Jeju Sea”
Show Time: Daily 10:30 AM / 12:20 PM / 2:20 PM / 4:20 PM
Aqua Planet Jeju has the largest aquarium center in East Asia. This aquarium has more than 45,000 sea creatures from home and abroad and is a very beautiful and exciting tourist attraction. A highlight of the Aqua Planet Jeju is its main reservoir, which contains 6,000 tons of water and houses 27,000 fish, showing their life up close.
This fish tank is twice the size of Aqua Planet Yeosu and more than three times larger than the Samseong COEX and Busan Sea Life aquariums. What makes this aquarium even more special is its driving performance, which is only available on the Aqua Planet Jeju.
To travel to Aqua Panel Jeju, you can ask your questions in the comments section of this ITNERY post.