What is Dubai known for?
Dubai is known for its many attractions. Dubai is one of the cities on the Persian Gulf that has achieved great success in a short period of time in the field of economy, trade, and tourism and is growing rapidly. Although Dubai is actually located in the desert and its climate is very hot most of the year, tourists from all over the world travel to this country.
Dubai is known for
Follow us with another article from ITNERY. Team ITNERY is a global tourism complex that can serve tourists around the world. For more information, you can visit ITNERY
- Dubai is located in the southeast of the Persian Gulf and, according to 2014 statistics, is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates.
- Although English is widely used in Dubai and throughout the UAE, Arabic is the official language of Dubai and the country.
- Dubai is known for its immigrant city. Only 10 to 15 percent of Dubai’s population is indigenous. Eighty-five percent of its residents are immigrants, mostly from Asian countries, mainly from India (51 percent), Pakistan (16 percent), Bangladesh (9 percent), and the Philippines (3 percent).
- The currency of Dubai is the dirham.
- Dubai is known for the tallest tower in the world. The Burj Khalifa in Dubai is the tallest tower in the world with a height of about 828 meters. The tower was designed by Adrian Smith and was completed in 2010 and opened as part of new developments in downtown Dubai.
The building was named “Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan” in honor of the ruler of Abu Dhabi and the President of the UAE.
- Dubai is known for its tall buildings. Visitors to the Burj Khalifa can go to one of the two outdoor viewing platforms for an entrance fee. The platform is located on the 124th floor of the tower at a height of 452 meters and was opened on January 5, 2010, and when it opened, it was the tallest viewing platform in the world.
- In 2014, Dubai, with a growth index of 1.6 percent, is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, and in the same year, its gross national product was about $ 1.107 billion!
- Real estate, construction, trade, and financial services are the biggest builders of Dubai’s economy. Oil and natural gas revenues account for less than 5% of the UAE.
- Dubai is known for its tourism industry. The tourism industry is one of the most important strategies of the Dubai government to bring foreign currency into the country.
- Because Dubai is located in the desert and its climate is desert, most days of the year are hot and sunny. In January, the coldest month in the city, the average temperature is around 24 degrees Celsius. In summer, the temperature in Dubai is very hot and windy and the weather is sultry and the average temperature reaches 41 degrees Celsius and the night temperature in August reaches 30 degrees Celsius.
- There are no natural rivers in Dubai! There is a small natural bay called the Dubai Creek in Dubai, which has been dredged enough to be large enough for large ships to pass. The Dubai Creek runs from northeast to southwest of Dubai.
- More than 3,000 taxis are operating in Dubai, recording an average of 192,000 trips a day, bringing 385,000 people to their destinations. All Dubai taxi services are licensed under the RTA and can be easily identified by their cream-colored body and multi-colored roofs. There are also women’s taxis in Dubai, which have a pink roof, are exclusively for women, and are driven by women.
- Seven of the tallest hotels in the world are located in Dubai. The third tallest but most prominent hotel, the Burj Al Arab, is a very luxurious hotel designed and built in the shape of a ship. Burj Al Arab Hotel is located on an artificial island, 280 meters from Jumeirah Island, connected to the city by curved stairs, and has a helicopter airport near the roof, which is 210 meters above the ground.
- Dubai is known for having the most expensive hotels in the world. In 2014, Dubai hotel rooms were recognized as the most expensive hotel in the world. In this ranking, Geneva hotels in Switzerland took first place.
- Every year, half a million passengers board the cruise ship “Dubai” in the port of “Rashid”.
- In addition to Rashid Port, Dubai has the largest container port in the Middle East called Jebel Ali Port, which is the largest man-made port in the world. In 2013, Jebel Ali Port became the ninth busiest container port in the world.
- With more than 70 shopping malls, Dubai has been called the “Shopping Capital of the Middle East”. Dubai Bazaar is the largest shopping mall in the world with more than 1,200 shops and a total area.
- Dubai is known as the city of friends of gold. Dubai is known as the “City of Gold” and Dubai Gold Market has more than 300 gold shops. It is said that there are always about 10 tons of gold in this market. In 2013, 40% of the world’s gold trade took place in Dubai!
- Dubai is known for having the largest flower garden in the world. The world’s largest flower garden opened in 2013 on Valentine’s Day in Dubai. Forty-five million flower branches are grown in the Dubai Miracle Garden with drip irrigation.
- In Dubai, the call to prayer is heard 5 times from the minarets of mosques. Since 2006, Friday and Saturday have been declared official weekends in Dubai (and the UAE as a whole), as Friday is a Muslim holy day and a Western weekend.
- Dubai celebrates two very important holidays: Eid al-Fitr, which is the end of the holy month of Ramadan, and December 2, which is the national day of the country and the day of the formation of the United Arab Emirates.
- In Dubai, the consumption of pork is legal only for non-Muslims and they can only get this meat from designated centers.
- Dubai is known for having the most expensive police cars. Dubai police bought a Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Bentley and allowed their forces to arrest those driving at high speeds and overtake their police car.
- “Ferrari World Abu Dhabi” is the first Ferrari amusement park in the world and the largest amusement park in the world.
- The Internet first entered Dubai in 1995. At the time, Internet content was regulated throughout the UAE, and a server filtered all content that the government found to be inconsistent with the country’s values, such as dating networks.
- Football (American football) and cricket are the most popular sports in Dubai.