What are the duties and responsibilities of a tour guide?
Nowadays we are dealing with several jobs and professions, and each one is effective in a different way. When it comes to travel, anyone can be happy to experience new things and release her or his office, house, and routine works.
Therefore, travel tour guide and what they do is so important because they help us to have new experiences and discover new things, maybe you want to be a tour guide or travel tour leader, or maybe you just need some information about the duties and responsibilities of this job, there aren’t any differences, because in this article we are going to say some information about duties and responsibilities of tour leader job which can be useful for anyone.
|Is tour guide job a good job?|
Duties and responsibilities of a tour guide
But what are the duties of a tour leader?! Is this job easy? Can I be a tour guide? And Why is the tour leader important? We answer all of these questions. Like the other jobs, tour leaders have some duties and responsibilities such as accompanying tourist, giving them important information about special sites, translating the language of local people, interpreting signs, letters, and pictures, etc.
a tour leader is responsible to response tourist questions, providing requirements of tourists, planning the trip and also, he or she should be knowledgeable in various topics for instance history, art, architecture, etc.
If you want to see a perfect list of tour guides duties and responsibilities, well, we have such a list below:
- Possess Great communication skill, good-tempered, smiling, and polite
- She or he must be familiar with the tour destination well, a person familiar with the area can better predict problems and challenges, and he or she can guide the tourist perfectly and offer them the best places to enjoy and accommodation
- Ability to giving a proper presentation or tell a story
- Being smart and educated; a good travel tour guide should be intelligent to handle difficult moments and also be educated to talk about history, art, culture, and race properly.
- Organized and punctual
- Possess First Aid Skills: The tour leader must also be trained and expert in medical responsibilities. Skills such as artificial respiration, life guarding, and advanced first aid are valuable actions.
- Security of journey, a tour guide should care about tourists, safety and prevent them from going to unsafe places, also a responsible tour leader knows the address of police stations well
- Planning the tour and budgeting
- Transporting the tourist
- Ability to speak tourist language
- Cheerful, energetic, and adventurous
We mentioned the duties and responsibilities of a tour leader as much as possible, if you think you can do these duties and you like this job, then congratulations this job is a perfect choice for you! Now it’s time to introduce a great platform for working as a tour guide or local tour leader.
What’s ITNERY and how tour guides can present their abilities on this platform?
ITNERY is an online travel agency that provides affordable, attractive, and planned travels across the world, with local tour leaders. On this platform, we can find different service plans of local tour leaders and tour guides to desired tour destinations. If you want to join ITNERY, you just need to follow the four steps below:
- register in a few simple steps
- complete your profile
- select serviceable locations
- design a service plan for a travel
In the ITNERY Platform and you can both find a job as a tour leader and also find a great itinerary for your travel.
We talked about all of the responsibilities and duties of tour guide job and note if you love this job because of traveling for free and see the world maybe you should think of it this way it is true that this job is dreamy, but it has important duties and responsibilities that must be done. If you cannot be responsible and tough in difficult times, well sorry to hear that, but this job isn’t proper for you.
Read more about tour guide