If you love the tourist guide job, do not be afraid of anything. Go through and get started! All you need to be a tourist guide is a little courage, in this article, we will show you 7 features of a successful tourist guide. And What are the features of a tourist guide that make the trip more memorable for their travelers?
Everyone wants to get the best results from his or her education they receive and be successful. But certainly, just sitting in the various classes and learning sciences don’t help us to be an expert. The factor that can make us different from others and more successful consists of the following:
- Matching our personality traits with that profession
- Effort to learn and never giving up
- Gain experience
What are the 7 characteristics of a successful guide?
Tourist guiding is just like the other professions and has its own tricks to be successful. Every year, many people participate as students in various tour guiding and tour leadership classes. Usually, they pass the exams and even get the tourist guide licenses. But most of them cannot be a successful tourist guide, usually fail in organizing a tour or one the other hand, they don’t have enough confidence to hold a tour!
But in contrast, there are other tour guides who are so successful and busy that they choose the tours they like from the several proposals they have.
Have you ever wondered what could be the reason for these differences? Here are some great tips that show the features of a successful tourist guide. Let’s take a look.
Apart from the lessons and exercises and the learning process of tourist guide classes, the guide should have features that make the journey jollier or happier for the travelers, and first of all, we should know that the guide is not a manual that has different places to see and gives us more information. But a tourist guide is the one who guides travelers to have more fun and be happier on the trip.
But what are the 7 characteristics of a successful guide:
- The guide must be very patient. We have to admit that our travelers are a number of people of different ages and interests, this causes some Incompatibilities. In such a situation, firstly the guide should be completely patient, secondly, he or she must invite other passengers to be more patient.
- Another important characteristic of the tourist guide is passion; when the travelers see an eager tourist guide, their energy increases and they will be passionate too. This enthusiasm of the guides must be seen both in their explanation and in their treatment of the passengers.
- Confidence is a very important feature of a guide. A confident tour leader can easily convey the concepts to the passengers. But it is important that their knowledge and information be up to date and they be able to transmit the correct information to others.
- If we want to skip the personality traits of the guide, one of the most important criteria that separates the successful guides from the unsuccessful ones is initiative. This means, the tour guide uses creativeness and initiative to solve the problem that may occur and does not run from the problems. Studying and gaining experience, consulting with colleagues can help guides to acquire initiative.
- Most of the time, joking and laughing makes the moments sweeter for us and creates a greater atmosphere for the tourists, which is why the humor guide is usually more popular among the tourists. Of course, the guide must joke very cleverly so as not to offend any of the passengers.
- The knowledge of the tourist guides is their treasure, the more knowledge, the more money they earn.
- Organizing and managing the tour is one of the vital things. A lack of them makes the tour a mess, so the tour guide should be able to organize the time well and have a precise planning in the tour. The tourists expect an organized and well-planned tour.
If you figure out you can be a good tourist guide don’t waste time and for now, hire as a tourist guide or local tour leader on the ITNERY. A platform that can help you make your dreams true.