Are tour guide skills important?!
Tour guide or chaperon is a great job for anyone who loves travelling and this job has many fans because of flexibility, seeing the city and landscapes and making new friends day by day. Maybe you are one of the tour guides fans that need some information about tourist guide skills, well we are here to provide anything you should know about this career.
Tour guide or chaperon is a great job for anyone who loves traveling and this job has many fans because of flexibility, seeing the city and landscapes and making new friends day by day. Maybe you are one of the tour guide fans that need some information about tourist guide skills, well we are here to provide anything you should know about this career.
Tour guide skills are important because if you want to advance in this career you need to be a good tour guide with the necessary skills. With learning tour guide skills, you can lead a successful trip and make more money in this career.
What are tour guide skills?
Now we list the most important tourist guide skills, that if you want to be an escort (tour guide) you should consider:
1.The ability to communicate properly, probably we should announce this is the most important skill for an escort, because someone that cannot talk and hear well, cannot be an effective tourist guide! Imagine you are on a trip and your tour guide even cannot guide you about the place you are! What do you think about this person?!
2. Knowing the tour destination: Obviously, anyone who sees a place for the first time should not be familiar with it, but for someone who has already traveled there, this could be an undoubted advantage.
A cicerone with knowledge of the tour destination can speak about points of interest, landscape, hotels, safe places, the people of that area, famous buildings, etc. And he or she can predict probable problems to prevent them, also knowing the local people, police station and hospitals is an advantage.
However, a local tour guide or a tour guide that knows the tour destination is always a better option.
3. Being punctual, organized, and patient: maybe you can’t see being patient as a skill but this ability is very important for a chaperon! A good tour guide is responsible for responding to tourist questions.
Being an honest and punctual person is a need for a tour guide! Because passengers want someone to trust him or her completely! No one wants a liar in an unfamiliar place!! If you choose the tour guide job for the convenience of this job, probably you should think more! This job is very competitive and you cannot act Irresponsibly.
4. Knowing the local language: Except for the English language, a tourist guide should know the local language belongs to the tour destination people. This skill is very important and if you cannot interact with local people the tour group will face some problems such as accommodation problems, misunderstandings, problems buying something or taking a ticket for airplane, train, etc.
5. First Aid Skills: The docent must be very vigilant in accepting medical responsibilities. Skills such as artificial respiration, life-guarding, and advanced first aid are invaluable assistance in tour leadership. If you are going to be a tourist guide, make sure you can accept some medical responsibilities. Because in any travel it is so possible to be involved in medical issues.
6. Strength and determination: A chaperon or tour leader must be able to lead. Charismatic Personality is very important in the tour guide career! And try to pay attention to it. This job isn’t suitable for those who are shy, cowardly, or unstable. Learn how to make quick decision if you want this job.
7. Focusing on Building Rapport
I have these skills; do you have a job opportunity for me?
Yes! We have several online travel agencies that you can cooperate with. And if you are curious about one of them! It’s a need to visit Itnery platform, where you can show your skills as a local tour leader or tour guide to everyone!
Just try to learn to make good itineraries because it is very important on ITNERY! You don’t need to provide any certifications or participate in difficult tests! Just prove you can be responsible and work as a good tour guide, then you are able to start working with ITNERY!