What does a tour guide do when conducting a tour?
Each visit or each planned tour depends a lot on the tour guide, and the ultimate desirability of the tour depends on the tour guide’s abilities in conducting a tour. Each tour guide represents a nation – a country and the tour operator. Tour members may not have the opportunity to interact with the people of a country during the visit, so the guide considers his or her personality.
Each visit or each planned tour depends a lot on the tour guide, and the ultimate desirability of the tour depends on the tour guide’s abilities in conducting a tour. Each tour guide represents a nation – a country and the tour operator.
Tour members may not have the opportunity to interact with the people of a country during the visit, so the guide considers his or her personality, character, and information as a benchmark for identifying the host country as someone who is with the group throughout the trip.
Tour guides can work permanently while conducting a tour in a travel agency or, on a case-by-case basis, be hired by the tour manager and tour operator.
|What does a travel tour guide do?|
General process and the framework in conducting a tour
The guide must have information about the framework and process of the work while conducting a tour. Knowing these types of tasks is required for tour guides when they are conducting a tour, and they must perform them:
1) In domestic tours, the guide introduces himself at the beginning of the trip, provides a summary of the planned group travel process, and gets acquainted with the passengers, and the tour guide leads the group during the trip.
2) In foreign tours, a briefing session is usually held in hotels or lounges provided by the travel agency. In this session, all the necessary points related to the travel plan, including do’s and don’t, and all other necessary information will be informed about the trip to the travelers.
In addition, several information brochures can be provided to passengers during this meeting, and the guide must prepare the tour before conducting a tour.
At the airport, it is the obligation of the tour guides to collect the people and tell them with the plane seat card, and then as soon as they arrive in the destination country and guide the tour with the cooperation of the local private guide.
3) In arrival tours, usually the tour guide services of the host agency are performed at the Airport from the time the travelers enter the country.
Many arrival tours are accompanied by an external guide from the relevant agencies, which during the trip divides the work of the guides of the country of origin and destination in coordination and cooperation with each other. This must happen while conducting a tour by the guides.
Tour guide with information about the arrival time of the group, preferably with a person with an hour before, with a visible sign in which the name of the tour is mentioned at the exit of the tour members after the administrative and ceremonial steps of the airport and requests to be in a more secluded place Gather together. It is first necessary to warn the members of the tour about the protection of their belongings. After the presence of all the people, their suitcases are counted in order. For the guide to deal several times with the relocation of their luggage at airports or hotels, the following steps are required:
- Suitable label is placed on the suitcases to identify the group; the label should contain the logo or emblem of the agency – the name of the group and the name of the owner of the suitcase. Before conducting a tour, the guide must tell these points to the travelers.
- The guide must know precisely the number of luggage in the group.
- When entering the hotel, while supervising the delivery of luggage, the room number of each person should be written on them.
- Before using any vehicle, the guide conducting a tour should personally count the luggage.
- Must remind the group members not to reduce luggage during the trip without prior notice.
In the Hotel
After moving the equipment and leaving the airport, while going to the hotel, the tour guide greets the tour while welcoming the tour and provides general and very brief information, including self-introduction, tour status, tour goals, tour speed, the role of other co-workers.
He or she also must introduce the drivers and guide assistance – Tour rules – Environmental safety – Customs of the Country – Food and beverage of destination country – Smoking rules – Hotels and expectations – Meal plan – Facilities Transportation – Currency exchange – Optional tours – souvenirs – Air temperature and weather conditions and a glimpse of the route must be informed to the tourists or travelers.
Upon arrival at each hotel, the tour guide that is conducting a tour must perform the following steps:
- Necessary coordination should be done with the officials before arrival.
- Prepare a list of rooms and special requests.
- With the information of the facilities available in each hotel and providing the key to the travelers, explanations regarding the hotel facilities, time and place of eating, the morning wake-up program should be given to them.
- In case of any problems with the rooms, coordinate with the hotel manager.