What is an independent Traveler?
Independent travelers are the people who want to be completely Independent in a trip, they may face some problems during the trip but in their opinion, these challenges are okay, and they can take on them. These types of travelers usually are confident and familiar with the travel destination. They are the opposite of mass tourists who prefer predefined itineraries and travel packages.
Independent travelers are the people who want to be completely Independent in a trip, they may face some problems during the trip but in their opinion, these challenges are okay, and they can take on them. These types of travelers usually are confident and familiar with the travel destination.
They are the opposite of mass tourists who prefer predefined itineraries and travel packages. Also, there usually are less than 6 people in independent travels.
As you probably guessed, they might encounter some tough problems which they couldn’t overcome! In this article we pay attention to independent traveler problems they may have, advice to independent travelers and finally we introduce a platform for independent travelers to get help during the travels.
Anybody needs a breathtaking trip, don’t make excuses and think of preparing for an independent travel, this article will get you extra information about this type of travels.
Common independent travelers’ problems
- Feeling homesickness, we have told, independent travelers, travel solo or in small groups, this causes more feeling of homesickness
- Missing the flight, train or bus, without a reliable tour guide that is going to help you, it’s possible to miss the flight ticket or similar things.
- They might be arrested by the police because of a lack of knowledge of the national or regional rules.
- They might be lost, don’t laugh at me even with GPS and several online maps and routing features, again it is possible to be lost in a big city! And the problem will be bigger when you cannot speak the language of the local people. Then, there isn’t an address of help! (of course, today, many people of various nations want to help tourists and they can speak English, this might be helpful).
- Getting mugged, if you don’t travel with a local tour guide, it is also possible you get stuck in unsafe places or be robbed!
How independent travelers can make the most of the travel
But besides independent traveler problems, we recommend some tips to make the most of the trip as an independent traveler.
- To prevent many major problems on the trip, hire a local tour guide easily!
- Try to find one or more fellow-travelers to prevent loneliness felling and make the journey jollier
- Remember to carry first aid kits, in any journey it’s possible to be encountered with medical issues!
- Before travelling, think of providing accommodation; to find the best accommodation first of all, consider safety, don’t trust all of the booking sites, do a complete research before reserve an accommodation. And consider the location of place and extra hidden costs, also try to check the facilities & services
- Buy a travel guidebook belong to your travel destination and learn routing with online tools
- If you cannot interact with local people, get help for a local tour leader and try to know some of common sentences in the local language
- Go to places you have never heard of, and act like an adventure
- Talk to locals and be kind!
The above list was some advice for your trip, but we also have a warning for you, if you don’t know a place well, never go there alone! Especially unknown sites! Being with a reliable local tour guide is a must for independent travelers. In the next paragraphs we introduce you to a platform in which you can find reliable local tour leaders easily and make the most of your trip!
Introduce me a good platform for independent travelers
We promise you to introduce a great platform which helps independent travelers and provide them with the best local tour leaders to have a memorable trip.
Well, this platform is ITNERY, a nice and easy to use platform for travel-lovers! Just visit the website of ITNERY, register as a traveler then there are several offered itineraries from various local tour leaders belonging to your favorite destination.
If you need any help, just contact the ITNERY team, we are always available to help travelers and local tour leaders.